Monday, June 6, 2011

Dumbday Cover

Despite the weather being absolutely beautiful, and the city awakening from its spring hibernation, today's Monday cover arrives on a somber note.

My cat passed away in rather tragic circumstances this past weekend, in a way that neither pet nor owner should ever have to experience. I feel awful for both sides on this one, and I also am sad to lose someone that, for 12 years, has been a part of my life in one way or another. For those of you asking if I really just eulogized a cat, my cat, the answer is yes.

Snickers was good to all of us, and on top of being a great pet gave me a chance to see kittens born firsthand, something everyone should get to see at least once. With my 'cat lady'-esque ode I'd like to attach a cover. Seems fitting to unleash the one-woman cover machine Cat Power on a day like today. I had another cover on tap, but life intervened and this was the most appropriate. Though most of her covers are solid, I found her rendition of Oasis' "Wonderwall" to tickle my fancy in particular today. Without further ado, enjoy beezys.




If I've posted this already (not sure) please forgive me in my old age....i'll make it up to ya

Also check out her take on David Bowie's "Space Oddity", I really wanted to post this one but turns out she only recorded it for this commercial and only did the 30-second bit, BLAST!


No comments:

Post a Comment