Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday Covers (SPECIAL!)

Hello all. Welcome to Monday Covers Birthday Edition Xtravaganza. That's right folks, 22 years ago today the kid stepped on the scene, kicking and screaming no doubt. I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you to all of my friends and family for everything, you're all the best and mean a lot to me. I've been lucky to meet a lot of people and everyone has shaped me into what I am today. SO for what it's worth: Thanks for being you, and putting up with me. HA.


So never one to disappoint, I thought ahead for today and saved a so very prodigious cover for you dudes and dudettes. This one comes from one of my favorite bands over the years, Cake. This band has an awesome sound that utilizes a lot of different instruments and puts on a killer show. The group recently did an impressive cover of Black Sabbath's "War Pigs", but today I'm bringing you back a little further to their cover of Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive". You may not know the artist, but you definitely know the song. Anywho, this cover is dope, enjoy it and the day. B EZ.



No comments:

Post a Comment