Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My 2012 (Chinese) New Year Resolution

This comes your way a month late, but here we go (Chinese New Year was last week, so I'm in the clear right?). 2012, the year that will end all years, and maybe the last time I get to do this....

New Years Resolutions, most of us break them, but we all make them. Last year's resolution of 'No Pigeons' nearly worked out, but this year I really intend on keeping my resolution. This year's Kade Krichko Resolution is to: Do Me.

This may seem like a strange resolution, but check the rationale. I'm in my last year of college and all things said, 2012 may be the biggest transition year of my life. Between finishing school, potentially enjoying my last times with some people, looking for work and looking to the future, I think I have a lot on my plate, and stress tends to add up. When stress adds up, sometimes we forget who we are, where we came from, and where our priorities lie. THIS is what I am trying to avoid in 2012.

I think that through the help of my family and friends, as well as the few life experiences I have had, I've turned out OK. That being said, I'd like to continue along my path because I like who I am and the direction I am heading (wherever that may be!). In the next few months however, my resolve will be tested by outside pressures as well as internal doubts. My goal for this year is to try and weather all of this and stay true to the course. If I am able to do that when I write my 2013 resolution from who-knows-where (narnia?) I hope to say I was successful.

If for some reason you see me becoming too serious and bogged down by the little stresses that so often stunt our enjoyment of the world around us, for pete's sake....SLAP ME! I promise after the initial shock subsides, I'll thank you.

So yeah, there you have it, my 2012 resolution. While it may list as 'short and simple' this year will be far from it. I'm excited for the challenges it has in store and the experiences that await. In the words of Young Jeezy "You just do you...and Imma do me".

And the other resolution that really goes without saying at this point: Find Tupac.

Eyo Bostonia...Eazy Duz It Like Sunday Morning (see what i did there?)


No comments:

Post a Comment